Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Teacher Blog Challenge- 2, 3, 4, 5

Day 2: 
Write about one piece of technology you'd like to try this year and why.

We are fortunate enough to have a class set of iPads to use this year. I used a teacher iPad last year in my classroom, but I am working towards finding ways to incorporate more with the iPad. There are a zillion apps out there! Right now, I'm working on mastering the art of Book Creator, which is used for part of a final project in zoo school.

Day 3:
Discuss one 'observation' area that you would like to improve in for your teacher evaluation.

Not being in a traditional public school setting, I don't have the types of formal evaluations I've been accustomed to seeing. I am often partner teaching, and it is my goal to make my transitions with my partner seamless. We hope to make it difficult for an outsider to see who is in charge- as both of us are equals. I'd like to move less from primarily 'my activity' and 'their activity' to 'our equally shared time-and-voice-and-discipline activity.'

Day 4:
Respond: What do you love the most about teaching?

I teach for those cheesy lightbulb moments. I teach to ask questions, to make students think, to challenge them, but mostly, to watch them grow and get to know them. To hope that they will see the world as a valuable resource, a precious place to live, learn, and enjoy life!

Day 5: 
Post a picture of your classroom. What do you see, and what do you not see that you'd like to see?

I've got everything I need. (Yes, my classroom is unconventional. And yes, that is an Aldabra tortoise whose neck I'm scratching. He's the best.)



No comments:

Post a Comment