Sunday, March 17, 2013

I'm Alive...and Green

Happy St. Paddy's Day! I'm mostly Swedish, and in touch with all of the family over there, but I look Irish.

Blogging hiatus- maybe over?  Quick synopsis: 

December- got my thesis approved, graduated with my Masters', and the realization that for the first time ever, I wasn't working towards some major goal- I'd accomplished everything I hoped to at this point in my life.  Cue beginnings of adjustment crisis.

January- Science Olympiad and Academic Bowl Competitions begin- meaning 6 days and 5 nights of work a week, minimum.  Mid-January my little brother (aka other half) moved to Morocco with the Peace Corps and lots of unknowns.   I realize that for the first time in about 3 years, I don't have a group of close friends from college living within a mile radius and feel like a 'true adult,' on my own.

February- craziness at school continues, life crisis begins to mellow out.... sleep deprivation, baby brother's arts school performances and competitions for science olympiad and academic bowl have me on the road more days than I'm home.

March- Spring!!!! (And I've officially lost 50 pounds) :) Yay for clean eating and a healthy lifestyle, happiness, and faith.

Soon to come: Fun teaching adventures, how I lost the weight and am keeping it off, and silly stories from my students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment