Saturday, November 17, 2012

I'm drooling over KitchenAid Mixers

So, my best friend saved up, used some coupons, and bought herself a kitchenaid stand mixer a few months ago.  Jealous does not even begin to describe how I felt.  It's beautiful, and just like her personality, it's pink and sparkly.




This morning, I was crossing some things off my to-do list.  One of them was to make my mama's delicious chocolate zucchini bread (shh...don't tell anyone it's clean AND healthy!)  I decided to mix it up while lunch was cooking.  Only problem is, my hand mixer went ka-put.  Something started smelling really bad, and I just assumed something had overflowed in the oven and that the preheat was re-heating whatever was burnt.  I was wrong.  Turns out, it was my mixer, which then started seizing and smoking.  Now, it won't turn on.  

Especially now that I'm eating the way I believe people were meant to eat, I spend a lot of time in the kitchen.  Not having a mixer for any length of time is not exactly optimal.  I could buy another junky mixer, but I have learned that it's less expensive to buy something durable than buy multiples of something inexpensive and low quality, especially in the kitchen.  

This afternoon, I've been researching mixers.  I called my mom just to make sure there wasn't a mixer hidden in the Christmas closet for me, and then started crunching numbers to see where and when I could get the best deals (Black Friday, etc).  I happened across a blog post discussing the variety of mixers on sale at different stores on Black Friday.  The woman who'd written the post posted an update, and I clicked on it.  As it turns out, Kohl's has a HUGE kitchenaid mixer sale going on today only.  It comes with three attachments and the mixing bowl.  I managed to get my new mixer for about half the price of a factory refurbished one, plus because it's new, I got a free 1 year warranty. :)

If you're interested, here's what you do: 

1. go to www.ebates.com (Kohl's is 6% cash back right now)
2. go from ebates to Kohl's website
3.  Add this KitchenAid 4.5 quart stand mixer to your cart. (It says 229.99, but when you start checkout, it will drop to 206.99) *Note: You can only get it in white, but at this price, it's worth it!
4. Use Code FFNOV20P to take 20% off to drop the price to $165.59
5. Pay local sales tax + a $3.25 shipping surcharge (it’s heavy) ** Shipping is free through ebates.
6. Submit for the $20 rebate (valid 11/16-11/17/2012 ONLY)
7. Wait anxiously. :)


2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! :) Now you need to make a pretty mixer cover. Or I can make you one. :) Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timeless European-inspired architecture marry contempo design and amenities offers
    its resident a truly alluring abode to call home.the interlace condo
    (theinterlacecondo.sg)

    ReplyDelete