Thursday, November 15, 2012

Class Dojo, Year 2

This is the second year I've used class dojo in my room with great success.  Just like last year, it's taken a little training to get the kids used to it.  I used class dojo exactly twice this year until November arrived.  It was the first week of school, and I used it during 1st and 2nd periods, then decided it was far too much hassle to have to stop what I was doing, pull up the class dojo tab, and add/ subtract points.  I was updating my phone and it sent me some application updates with a suggested list of "things I might like."  There was one for class dojo!!!!! I was thrilled.  I downloaded the app to my phone, and I can update it from anywhere in my room, even if I don't have myself logged in on the computer.  At the end of the class, I pull up everybody's points and the class summary so they can see how they did.  My classes are competing for a pizza party right now, and many of them are positive peer pressuring their friends for the first time all school year.  I love it, they love it.  You should at least try it.  It's free AND it's easy...what could it harm???

www.classdojo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment