Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It's that time of year...

...where things are starting to get really hectic.  I'm beginning to be a bag lady again, giving the appearance of moving into and out of school every day.  I finally figured out how to get my laptop hooked up to the internet at school, so I'm bringing that in most days now, and I'm bringing home more and more resources that I'm taking back to use for class.  All my advanced planning is gone, because my flash drive went through the washer and the dryer.  I'd gander that a little more than half of my things are saved elsewhere, but even just pulling them all together is time consuming.  I feel like I've got a few too many pots going right now.  I'm starting my last actual class of my masters program next week :D.  I keep thinking I'm going to write and tell you funny and wise things, but right now, my mind is full of riddles and lesson plans and science olympiad practice tomorrow and the sorority recruitment that I will be advising tomorrow evening through Sunday, plus all the things I need to do to be ready for next week.

Here's a riddle: What's round on the outside and hi in the middle?
Get it? I didn't either.... o HI o.  Ohio, where I hope my kiddos will get to compete in the 2013 National Competition for Science Olympiad. :)

Food: Still loving it, eating too much processed, but still managing to eat real food at least 2 meals a day.  My biggest weakness right now? Comfort food....sometimes, you just want an ice cream.  Luckily, a lot of candies taste gross to me now, and I don't have any desire to eat most of them. :)  Yay avoiding the Halloween candy!

Teaching: I'm already thinking about getting started on my "Your teacher is thankful for you because..." Thanksgiving notes to the kiddos.  With 140, it'll take me a good hunk of time.

Season: I'm loving this weather.  I just wish I had time to drive up to the mountains and take in the sights, smells, and sounds.   Maybe the weekend after Halloween, when I hope to have some time to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment