Monday, September 24, 2012

Angels in the Classroom

Y'all, I just adore my students, even on the days that they make me want to pull out all my hair.  I often call them angels.  In previous years, I had one class that would respond with, "Angels, who's been tellin' you lies?"  I know that realistically they aren't angels.  They're just like the rest of us- with flaws and insecurities and problems.  BUT, they're also all children, and they all deserve to be loved and taught by their teachers.  Me calling my students angels isn't as much for them as it is for me.  I need that reminder regularly that they deserve my best, my patience (that's a hard one!), and my attention, both inside the classroom and out.  They all try to behave sometimes, even if they just aren't very good at it.  It's my reminder to see what's causing the problems and try to make my classroom a place where they can learn and not have to worry about what's happening at home or their deployed parents or the middle school drama that's ever- present in our world.

My students have made me laugh every day of every school year.  They are angels, if even for a moment.  I haven't shared many funnies lately, so I'm working on a list.




1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to remember to include laughter in my classroom-it makes everything brighter! I need to start a list of our funnies so that I will have something to look back on in the future. :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete