Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 4: Think on your Feet!

I was trying to make this really neat thing I found on Pinterest as a little treat for my mom when she got home from work.  I've been doing some major procrastinating and have found other ways to keep myself busy.  We love our cucumber tomato salad, so I thought it'd be a hit.  The recipe tells you to slice the cucumber with a mandoline.  I had  have no idea what a mandoline is.  It said that if you didn't have one, you could use a vegetable peeler.  Clearly, author of said post has not met someone with my coordination.  I butchered a section of cucumber, my thumb, and completely failed at the "thin slice" the recipe calls for.  I did what teaching has helped me finely hone: thought on my feet.  I ended up with this: which looks slightly yucky, but tastes oh-so-good.  Cucumber, feta, red bell pepper, tomato, and a little greek yogurt and some herbs to gel together and season.  Delightful....but I forgot that mom won't eat anything with peppers in it.  The rest of us loved it.

1 comment:

  1. It DOES look good. And the cucumber look perfect! :) Your thumb isn't in there is it?

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete