Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Survival Guide

It's almost the end of the school year! Some districts are ending their years this week....we've still got 4 weeks of school, but regardless, everybody should be into their final month.  Our school district has been trying to make up for starting school 3 weeks late due to construction last fall, so we have had virtually no days off this year and have just been powering through.  That being said, we, and probably teachers everywhere, are getting a little tired.  We know that the light is at the end of the tunnel, but there are still mile-markers to pass before we get there.  MAP testing, EOCs, final exams, field days, final grades, last minute parent-teacher conferences, etc.

I've compiled my survival guide and decided to share it with you all.  Side note: if you have time to read, grab a good book.  I don't.

Step 1: Pray

Step 2: Remember that it's okay to indulge in comfort food in moderation.  In the case of us G.R.I.T.S., that may be a good "meat and 3."

Step 3: Take a little time to yourself and to spend time laughing with friends.


Step 4: Practice stress relief.  This may be exercise, making music, coloring, crafting, etc.

Step 5: Get in a good snuggle (and/or nap!).  This is Artie, my favorite snuggle buddy.

Step 6: Plan ahead.  You probably want to do this in more ways than just what's for dinner this week.
This craft has been the big version of my weekly menu planning.  This helps me :
A) not waste money in the grocery store because I only buy what I need
B) allows me to coupon (I only look for coupons for the pricier things I'm buying that week)
C) spend some time prepping for the meals so that I spend less time during the week cooking, which means when I come home exhausted, it's not such an ordeal to make dinner and removes the temptation of just ordering something.
D) Allows me to be healthier in my food choices and cuts down on junk eating.


Good luck everybody! We can do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment