Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I need an ambulance!

I have my kids pretty well trained in manners.  They know by now that I'm to be called ma'am.  They know that if they want water at lunch, they need to say, "May I get some water?" or "May I please get some water?"  They know that if they don't say may I , they won't be getting permission to get up and get water.  When they're having a bad day, they ask nicely and politely for a stress ball, and occasionally they tell me they need one.  I don't dispute those days-- they usually do if they're not going to punch something or someone else and cause some damage.  Stress balls, however, are expensive.  Unless of course you go to a lot of career fairs or such events.  I've gone through many this year, what with the kids stressing the balls to breaking and stealing them.  Recently, I got a FABULOUS present! A fleet of stress ambulances.  Right now, the kids' new thing is to tell me they need an ambulance.  And yes , many of my 6th, 7th, and 8th graders have been caught playing with their ambulances like matchbox cars and making vroom vroom sounds while driving them around their desks or the floor.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo, I LOVE these ambulances - what a gift! I have a bus that size and it fits my hand really well.

    I actually saw an idea this summer to cut up a pool noodle and make little stress squeezies . . . very creative and the kids LOVE those almost as well as the real deal!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete