Saturday, March 3, 2012

Edible DNA

I used Farley's edible DNA this week!  It helped the kids make connections, for sure!

As I was winding down this lesson with my second class of 7th graders (I only teach 2 7th grade classes), I realized that I had COMPLETELY forgotten to take pictures.  I was so upset and disappointed!  So were my kids....they l-o-v-e having their pictures taken.

I used a modified version of this handout and added my own creation of a review of this lesson on a separate handout for the kids to do the next day and recreate their DNA through drawing, color coding, etc.  It was very helpful in reinforcement and retention. :)  Wish I could share more about it with you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am following you too now!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete