Monday, March 12, 2012

The Best Ever!

I've had some pretty rockin' roommates throughout the years, but y'all? My current roommate takes the cake.  She's seriously the best.  She has a knack for reading my moods and knowing if I need something and what I need.  She knows when to sit on the floor next to me while I'm crying, when I need a hug (happy or sad), when I just need to eat ice cream out of the carton, when I need to celebrate, when it's time for game night with our group, NOT to change the channel if I'm watching lifetime or hallmark (and I know not to do the same) and when to leave me alone so I can focus on my schoolwork.  I can already tell that 2012 is going to be a year of big valleys and big peaks.  I'm so so so so so so so thankful to have her in my life and in my apartment. :)  I know that she'll be there for the lowest of lows, the highest of highs, and everything in between.  I know that I'll get to be there for her highs and lows as well, and it means a lot to me to have a girlfriend that you're okay with letting see you, flaws and all, because you know that you're not going to have anything held against you.  It's incredibly liberating to have a friend like that.

Over the weekend, I was telling the story of our first real time together, our freshman year of college.  We were just acquaintances through a mutual friend and got to go to Montreat, NC for a weekend trip to a friend's grandparents' beautiful, gargantuan mountain house.  I'd share it here, but it was such a hilarious bonding experience that I'm saving it for my toast at her wedding. :)



2 comments:

  1. Having the right roommate makes all the difference in the world!

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I just adore this blog... You have so much to share! (I don't know why you don't have hundreds of followers--Maybe the Follower box is broken?!)

    I've celebrated your blog with the Liebster Award. I hope you'll come on over and check it out!

    http://joyin6th.blogspot.com/2012/03/make-up-homework-part-1.html

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete