Thursday, February 16, 2012

S'mores!

Also known in lesson plan lingo as "an activity in chemical and physical changes and chemical reactions."  Just kidding...my lesson plans said that we were going to make s'mores to illustrate these concepts.  Y'all, we had So . Much . Fun .  This was a terrific lesson, at least as far as student participation and behavior goes.  They were involved, on their best behavior (because who would be crazy enough to risk losing their s'mores privileges?), and actively questioning and thinking about what they were doing.  It was a great discussion.





More pictures and details to come later!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog recently--I am also a second yr science teacher and I just love reading your blog! It is refreshing and encouraging. I love this smores idea--kids really have a hard time with physical/chemical changes! Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete