Friday, February 10, 2012

Lessons From Mama

I am truly blessed to have a mother as wonderful as mine is.  We've learned some of the ways that we're different, and we work wonderfully as a team.  For as long as I can remember, my Mom has been a very busy woman.  One thing that she started a few years ago was pre-cooking meals.  She cooks meals for just about the entire week over the weekend and that way, when she works a 12-hour shift or doesn't have the energy/ doesn't feel like cooking, the meals are still homemade, healthy, and ready to go.  Or, if my dad and baby brother are starving, they can go ahead and start warming the oven and heating up dinner so it's ready to go even before my mom gets home from work. 

In the last couple of weeks, I've started cooking my meals, generally on Sunday afternoon, for the rest of the week.  Since it's just me and sometimes one other, a family-sized recipe goes for several meals.  Since it's now Friday night, I took the leftovers from what I cooked on Sunday (everything has made at least one meal) and now I have five frozen meals for two people in my freezer.  Oh, and the plus side is that all of these are WeightWatchers recipes and are healthy, low-fat, low-cholesterol, low sodium meals.  :)  This way, none of it goes to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment