Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Expanding My Horizons

I'm a firm believer in trying new things and expanding your horizons.  Between teaching full-time and full-time grad school, I just don't have as much time to explore as I'd like. 

The other day, I took the dog for our usual afternoon walk.  Instead of mostly sticking to our neighborhood and the two fields next to it, we went into the next neighborhood over.  Since we hadn't walked at all in the neighborhood, we were able to go a little further into the next neighborhood.  Just as we were turning around, I noticed what looked like a little park.  Me being me, I dragged the dog down the hill and checked it out.  It turns out it's a decently sized "Fit Trail."  It's well kept, people were friendly, the animals were friendly, and there's one part that goes around a pond full of geese.  We had a blast enjoying the sunny, upper 60s weather and friendly people.

My recommendation is this: go out, take some time that you don't think you have (you'll be more productive later, I promise) and enjoy nice weather, people, and walking/ jogging/ whatever it is you do outside. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment