Monday, January 23, 2012

My Sweet Children

Yes, my students.  The closest things I have to children are my dog, my cat, my students, and my little cousins. 

Back story: One of my kids was kidnapped by a non-custodial parent earlier this country and taken as far away as you can get and still be in the continental US.  He came back while I was out for grad classes at the end of last week.  I welcomed him back as he walked in the door this morning and he told me that he was "mad" at me because "I wasn't there to welcome him back when he came back to school."  Sweet kid.  During my class, he kept mentioning his time away.  At the end of class, I slipped him a note as I often do with the kids that seem to need to talk that said, "I'm glad you're back.  I'd like to hear about your time away if you want to share it with me some other time."  As he was leaving to get back on the bus, he asked me if he could write all about it for me and bring it to me in the morning.  What a sweet kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment