Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Classdojo

Who has students that haven't seen Avatar or watched things that have avatars in them? Um, none of us, at least not in the middle school.  I posted awhile back about trying a new classroom management technique, classdojo.  If you haven't read my contemplation about implementing classdojo, you can read it here.  It's a silly name, but it works wonders.  Seriously.  Even for big, goofy, 16 year old 8th graders.  My kids love it, and heaven forbid I forget to use it.  They're trained now.  They know that if you ask for a point, you don't get one, and that you DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES comment on anyone else's points.  I found a way after a little while to reset the running total every day, which made the feedback more manageable because who really wants to be good when they start the day with -3 points and Joe across the room is starting with +4 points.  It's really neat, and I'd recommend it from early childhood all the way up through the middle school.

No comments:

Post a Comment