Tuesday, December 13, 2011

People to Make Friends With in a School

1. The Custodian.  Free supplies, an extra clean room, help moving things, and in our case, free castoff fresh bread/ veggies/ fruits in mass quantity from the soup kitchen that operates out of our school's cafeteria.  Two thumbs up for free groceries!!

2. The secretary.  Always find a time for a smile and a quick hello to the woman who keeps your life in check.  Want a heads up when somebody's heading to your room to observe? Make friends with the secretary.  Want a little warning when there's a parent on a mission heading to see you or calling on the phone?  Be friends with the secretary.  Unfortunately, I found out today that our bad 277 secretary is leaving to go to another school, where she will be one of many secretaries and will have about 15 hours a week instead of 40+.  I can't blame her too much.  She's been working a lot of hours for a lot of years.  But she's so sweet! It's okay, I'm relatively certain I will greatly enjoy her replacement.

3. Anyone with an administrative position.  'Nuff said.

4. Your coworkers.  My wonderful teammates have my back, and I have theirs.  Can't help but love it.

5. YOUR STUDENTS!!!!!!!!!!!  Although here, the term shouldn't be friends, but make positive teacher-student relationships with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment