Sunday, December 4, 2011

Labs

Teaching 6 classes a day (3, sometimes 4 preps every day) gets exhausting after awhile.  There's no time to transition between grade levels (6, 7, & 8), so it takes its toll on my mental capacity now and again.  On Friday, I did a lab in seventh grade and another lab in eighth grade.  This means I led labs in 5 different classes.  Talk about exhausted and brain fried!  In seventh grade, we're testing the effect of soil quality on grass growth.  This is a hard, abstract concept for many of them to understand.  Luckily, I've got a few farmers, so I have some that I was able to relate to that way.  Hopefully, this lab will do it for the rest of them.  I just wanted to brag on myself.  I built a plant light house all by myself as a demo for my kids!!!  It's one of those things that looks deceptively simple, but requires high levels of coordination, especially hand-eye coordination, which anyone who knows me well knows I lack.  Here it is! I hope the kids continue to enjoy is as much as they did on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment