Thursday, December 29, 2011

11 in '11 Linky Party

Most of you know by now that blogging is one of my "study breaks" when my typical study breaks (work as a break from grad school and grad school as a break from work) and the snippet of exercise/ dog walking no longer work for me.  Today, I thought I'd participate in this linky party from another teacher.  11 things from 2011.


11. Favorite movie you watched:
10. Favorite TV series: Bones
9. Favorite restaurant: Applebee's-- not for the food, but for the many affordable, enjoyable dinners I've had there with some of the world's greatest company in 2011
8. Favorite new thing you tried:
Teaching at an Alternative School
7. Favorite gift you got:
A plane ticket to see my brother in Italy
Terrible Picture, but it's in the Sistine Chapel, and we had to snap a shot quickly.
6. Favorite thing you pinned:
like
5. Favorite blog post:
4. Best accomplishment:
Making significant progress towards my life's goals.
3. Favorite picture:
2. Favorite memory:
Italy.  The wine tasting in Florence was a great night.
1. Goal for 2012:
Finish my Masters!


All in all, I'd say it's been a pretty great year.

6 comments:

  1. Do you perhaps live in South Carolina? =) The reference to Florence and Clemson might have given it away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do! The Florence in question is actually Florence, Italy, though. :) Maybe I should have stuck with the Italian "Firenze."

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA Oops! I thought that might be the case. Oh, well. I was right. lol I live in Greenville!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for linking up!!!
    We went to Italy about 5 years ago - you were very brave to take a pic in the Sistine Chapel. We were too chicken! Florence was amazing, too. I want to go back so bad but stay in Rome for a long time! :)
    I love your favorite pic. That is so cute!!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm your newest follower from Linky party. If you can make it at an alternative school - especially middle school - you can make it anywhere. Yes, you certainly are young and optimistic - and needed. Those kids just need a better role model in many cases. I hope you can visit my blog sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much! I'm checking it out now. And yes, I've actually found that most of my kids at the alternative school just need someone who can take the time to figure out why they aren't learning. I love working with them, and it's a great change of pace from my first year, which was a very unhappy work environment for me.

    ReplyDelete