Sunday, November 6, 2011

Writer's Block

Okay, so I'm experiencing some pretty severe writers' block in two arenas.

1) I'm staring at a blank lesson plan template outline, trying to decide how to fill it in.

2) The reason I believe I'm having so much difficulty completing 1) is that it has been 2 weeks and 3 days since I have heard my sailor's voice or seen his face (except in pictures).  I was given a fabulous idea by my sweet longtime friend at Happily Ever After.  She (as a former member of the Navy, Navy daughter to two Navy parents, and current Navy sister) has just a wee bit of experience with the Navy.  It has been a lifestyle for her throughout her entire life, and it has certainly been a big adjustment for me.  Anyway, I got many great suggestions, some of which I've used already, from my friend.  The one that I'm currently working on now is 2).  I want to make a CD recording of my voice and mail it in my sailor's Christmas package.  There's no worries about posting it here because he can't read my blog on the ship.  I have no idea what to say.  I mean, I keep starting scripts and then not finishing them or throwing them out or whatever.  I know that he adores the way I sometimes act like an idiot, but I don't want that to be what's immortalized on the recording I send him.  I need to send his Christmas package PRONTO, as it generally takes a minimum of 4-6 weeks for things to reach him at sea and I'm assuming the holiday season will delay shipping.  Any help would be much much much much much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment