Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

I am thankful for so many, many things in my life.  One thing that I've been reflecting on frequently this month, and especially this past week, is my students and how thankful I am to have them in my life.  They also remind me of how thankful I am for all that they can teach me, and all that I can teach them.  I can teach them so much more than just science.  I love that about teaching.  For Thanksgiving, I gave them all a cupcake and a note that says, "Dear _____________, Your teacher is thankful for you because ______________.  -- Ms. G.

I'd hoped they'd appreciate them, but I had absolutely no idea how much they'd cherish them.  Not a single note from me was left in my classroom.  One of the teachers confiscated a few of them during other classes, and there were even a few students who positively refused to get on the bus to go home for the break without their notes from Ms. G.  It was the sweetest thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment