Tuesday, November 29, 2011

In there...

Background: I rearranged my classroom yesterday to keep the kids away from the sneaky back corner of mischief as possible.  This left the sneaky back corner wall empty.

Scene:

Me to students lined up in hallway: You'll notice that the notebook shelf has moved to the wall directly across from the doorway.  DO NOT mess up my shelf, and please continue to keep it neat.  I straightened it for you, so just make sure your notebook goes back in the labeled area for your class.

Enter students.

5 minutes later:

R: * Holding his head and looking around *  Something's missing in here.  I can't quite figure out what it is.  Ms. G., something's missing.

L: under his breath "a brain."

Me: cracking up at the witty, incredibly fast and clever retort to L and the surrounding two students who'd overheard his comment.  You know, L, you really just can't say things like that, even if they are clever.

L: yes ma'am, but I just couldn't help it.  Sometimes, he's just so annoying.

Me: sigh.  Can't win 'em all.  At least it was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment