Sunday, September 11, 2011

First Week Down!

My first week absolutely flew by.  Granted, it was only a four-day week.  As exhausted as I am at the end of it, I can only imagine how exhausted I'll be at the end of my first five-day week next week.  It was a great week, though!  I'm so grateful to all my friends, family, and co-workers for checking on me to see how my transition to the new school was going.  I'm enjoying getting to know my kids.

I had a puker on Thursday morning, first thing.  I've gotta say it wasn't my favorite way to start off the day. Luckily, the boys (it's one of my all male classes) were really good sports about it and we didn't have any chain reactions.

I'm cracking some of the outer shells and getting the kids to relax a little around me. :)

Also, I was reminded of something wonderful: my love affair with caffeine.  I got this mug as a gift last Christmas, and I've been using it quite a bit.  I only sometimes drink coffee/ tea, but I routinely drink Diet Coke.  I know that I should kick the habit... Teaching is a profession that requires a high amount of energy and being on your feet all day.  Like other jobs that involve constant interaction with people (nursing, waitressing), we need to be on our toes all the time.  We answer literally hundreds of questions a day, from curriculum to "Can I have another pencil?"  I'm still working on getting my teaching endurance back, but it'll be back soon.  Have a great next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment