Thursday, July 28, 2011

Because I am a cat lady,

I am writing a blog about my cat.  I promise not to do this frequently, or to overload you with pictures of the adorable kitties, but today, I wanted the world to know how my wake-up calls go every morning.  Never later than 6:30 AM, I am woken up by sweet Artie.  Lately, it's been closer to 5, and he has been more persistent and harder to ignore than a newborn.  You'll see why in a bit.

poking around me
Usually, what happens is that the covers are pulled down from around my chin.  He does this with this teeth.  This wakes me up a bit, and then Artie proceeds to poke at me as if to see if I'm alive.  He does this with his whole paw, and will nose around just to see if I'm really there and ready to pay him attention.  If I show enough signs of life, he sits and waits patiently for me to wake up and pay him the appropriate amount of attention.

Patiently waiting for attention

The next step (especially if my alarm goes off and every time I hit my snooze), is to kiss my nose, my face, and nuzzle all over my face and arms.  It used to make me uncomfortable, but he avoids my mouth, and I've gotten relatively used to it.


kissing me

loving on me

And finally, relaxing and enjoying all the attention.
Did I mention, he purrs louder than a freight train the entire time, even when I'm not loving on him?  Oh, and he cries and cries if I ignore him.  In addition to all the nuzzling.  Silly kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment