Monday, May 2, 2011

So middleschool!

Middle school is a time of many changes; we all know that.  When I was in college, I would go home and laugh at my middle school aged baby brother's adolescent angst.  I thought the way he drove my mom crazy was hysterical and would sit in the living room and laugh and laugh.  My mom would holler, "Just you wait!!!"  Admittedly, I was a little cocky and thought my time would never come, or at least not until I had middle school age children.

My team and I frequently shake our heads and say something is "so seventh grade," or whichever grade the student we are observing is in.  Usually, we shake off the tweenager drama, etc.  Right before Spring Break, however, I had the distinct displeasure of telling one of my students she was being, "SO middleschool."  She looked at me and replied that she felt she had been insulted, but wasn't quite sure and what was it that I meant, anyway?  I laughed and told her that "SO middleschool" means her tweenager-ness was getting on my last nerve and there was no other way to describe it.  Now, my kids know that if they are told they're being "SO middleschool," they better shape up or something less fun is coming their way.

For example, see this photo: SO middleschool!

No comments:

Post a Comment