Tuesday, May 3, 2011

the merry-go-round

My life is moving forward= quickly!  Sometimes I feel like I can't keep up and I can't believe how far my life has come (positively) in such a short time.  Other times, like today, I see the progress, but see certain aspects of my life still spinning in circles.  I feel like I keep ending up back at square 1.  Need proof?

1) Constantly moving.  For the last five years, I have moved in July/ August, and then again in May.  I'm pretty sick of it.  Especially since the older I get, the more stuff I collect.  And the more furniture, etc. I have.  Aren't you supposed to settle when you graduate from college? Silly societal expecations.  I moved last weekend, and I really hope it was the last time for awhile, but then again, our lease ends in December, so we'll just have to wait and see.  Oh, patience was definitely not one of the virtues God blessed me with.

2) Again with the patience.....my love life.  Maybe I should say lack of love life?  At any rate, my dating life is.... pathetic.  I went from my college roommates calling me "the serial monogamist" to the girl who doesn't go on second dates.  Or sometimes, the girl who doesn't go on third dates.  It's getting old, fast!  I keep teeter tottering about whether or not to date, but at the end of the day, if I don't date, do I have any chance of finding a good man to eventually settle down with?  I know, I know...God will put him there in His time, when it's right.  But for now?  I feel like I'm back at square one. Again.

I'm a Pollyanna type person most days, so I'm going to end with this and try to follow my friend Alrinthea's advice.  This was her status on facebook, and I think everyone should try it.
Do something Brave today. Give love. Accept love. Make a move that sends the butterflies in your stomach into a tailspin. Say what you mean. Regret nothing. Smile at someone who needs it. Be Kind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment